Nuffield Health, the UK’s largest healthcare charity, has launched a new Joint Pain Programme designed to help people better self-manage their chronic joint pain. The programme is available at all Nuffield Health gyms across the UK and is a FREE 12-week programme.
What is the Join Pain Programme?
The Nuffield Health Joint Pain Programme is delivered with the expert guidance of a Rehabilitation Specialist, using a combination of education and physical activity, as well as psychosocial support. The programme will equip people with the knowledge and practical experiences to better manage their pain long-term and achieve their goals.
The programme includes tailored advice on physical activity to help with rehabilitation and covers topics such as pain management, emotional wellbeing, goal setting, improving sleep, eating for recovery and managing pain.
Previous results from this programme have shown an improvement in participants’ mobility, pain, general fitness levels and overall quality of life.
How does the programme work?
- Twice weekly group sessions for 12 weeks
- Each group will have an average of 10 participants
- Sessions are led by a Rehabilitation Specialist
- The programme is free of charge and gives you full access to the gym
- A free Joint Pain Health Check will be completed at the beginning, part way through, and at the end of the programme to show your progress
- The programme is aimed at Non-members but will accept a maximum of two members per group
- Each week, the programme will include two hourly sessions, including: 1) An educational workshop 2) A physical activity session
- After the initial 12 weeks are completed, an additional 12 weeks are offered to allow you to put what you’ve learnt during the programme into practice.
The programme is open to anyone with:
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other arthritis
- Suffering from chronic pain for many years with no formal diagnosis.
If would like to take part in this programme, APPLY HERE.