We are delighted to be launching our poster competition for our 2024 World Lupus Day campaign. The theme of the poster will be centred around those who have been newly diagnosed with lupus to coincide with the launch of our new information video on World Lupus Day!
1st Place: the winning poster will become LUPUS UK’s official World Lupus Day poster, being featured on our website, social pages, in our News & Views magazine as well as in hospitals, GP surgeries, places of work, schools and other healthcare settings across the UK.
Runners-up: a few of our favourite submissions will be shared on our website.
What does the poster need to include?
The poster needs to include:
- The words “World Lupus Day” and the date “10th May”
- A LUPUS UK logo
- The LUPUS UK website address (www.LupusUK.org.uk) and telephone number (01708 731251). You can also use a QR code for the website if you wish, which is included in the download pack below.
- It needs to fit with the theme of those newly diagnosed with lupus (but you can interpret that however you wish)
You can download the LUPUS UK graphics for posters or contact Debbie@LupusUK.org.uk if there are any LUPUS UK graphics or images that you need.
- Content: clear, accurate information (from the NHS or LUPUS UK’s website)
- Effective communication: presented in an engaging and digestible form
- Creativity: innovative angle on the content or creative interpretation of the theme
- Individual entries only
- A maximum of two entries per individual
- Entries must be one page of A4 paper only
- You must have permission to use any photos or pictures included on your poster. This means having permission from any people included in photographs and not using copyrighted images.
- Work must be original – please do not use any templates
- We may work with the winner to make small changes to fit with our communication guidelines, however no changes would be made or published without the poster creator’s consent.
- Competition entries can be withdrawn after they’ve been submitted by emailing Debbie@LupusUK.org.uk. However, the wining poster cannot be withdrawn once it has been sent for printing.
- Entering a poster will be taken as acceptance of these rules.
- Use clear and reader-friendly fonts
- Make use of colour – we want to see eye-catching designs!
- Use images that contain needles, blood or inaccurate representation such as the needle emoji which is a needle filled with blood
- Abbreviate word/terms.
How to Enter:
Submissions open at 9am on Friday 12th January and will close at 8pm on Friday 2nd February.
To enter the competition, email Debbie@lupusuk.org.uk with the following information:
- Your full name
- Poster [Formats accepted: PDF, JPEG & PNG.]
- Email address and telephone contact information
You can also send your entry by post. Include a note or letter with your name and contact information and mail to: Debbie Kinsey, LUPUS UK, St James House, Eastern Road, Romford, Essex RM1 3NH
The winner will be contacted in February – GOOD LUCK!